Saturday, October 31, 2009

At least the kids enjoyed it

It was COLD tonight. No so much if you looked at the thermometer [about 48] but very much in the wind and rainy-ness of the night.

It was a lame year on our part. Almost no decorating. Nothing much required by the schools. Ryan skipped his party to go the theater with me. Pumpkins uncarved until this morning. Candy bought today.

Mike bought the kids their costumes so I didn't have any late night sewing sessions. Zoe didn't know what else to be so she bought a witch costume. And Ryan picked a police officer one.

Doesn't Ryan look like he should be in a Monty Python movie? Astute viewers will realize however that this is the same costume that Zoe wore last year the I had made. She wore her store bought one to school on Friday and the boa-like fringe on the bottom of the pants didn't hold up well. And it was kinda like a body suit so she couldn't layer under it easily. I suggested the possibility of wearing last year's outfit and she thought that sounded good.

Again this year we headed to Mindy's neighborhood because it has sidewalks and many houses all together. Unlike our road. Ryan lasted half a block. This picture of Zoe was taken with the boy in my arms:

Ry and I headed back to Mindy's to hang out, have some candy, watch Monsters vs Aliens, and hand out some candy.



I am aware this picture is a bit blurry - the shutter button on the camera is placed a bit weird and will take some getting used to. And this was my fourth or fifth attempt to get a shot Ry in action. Every time a kid rang the doorbell Ryan would jump up from the floor and exclaim 'not again!' Cracked us up.

Eventually Zoe came back with her haul. And quite the loot she got. Mike and I have to go through it and claim our share soon.



And last tidbit, this is a picture of our "pumpkin patch" all lit up. Ryan took boards and fenced off the area and started calling it a patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment