Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Friday I got home early from Boston. Both of my Jet Blue flights were amazingly early [Thursday's was almost 45mins early!] so I was able to walk off the plane, straight to the car, and zip over to daycare. I grabbed the jammied boy. Mike had said he went to school in jammies and I and thought he ran out of time. Turns out it was jammie day. Phew. We are not the slacker parents. Quick pickup of Zoe from afterschool care. She'd had a half day because of conferences. We didn't have a conference because there were NO concerns! Whoohoo! Go Zoe, go Zoe! That night she had an art show, music demo and ice cream social at school.

The ice cream was good, the music demo's funny and the art was cute. Afterward we headed out to the playground for a while. Exercised the munchkins. But we failed on putting them to sleep right away. Such is life.

Saturday was lawnmowing and erranding. Hmm, those don't appear to be real words but I have decided they will indeed be in the Steinhurst dictionary from here on out. End of tangent. Followed by some napping. A family trip to Wegs for dinner and shopping completed the meal.

Sunday, Mikey dealt with the kids and took them away to Sunday school. I was trying to sleep in but the school called to find out Zoe's hebrew name. Geesh. Thank goodness the resulting card was cute. We had a quiet afternoon, a nice french toast supper and that was that.

I apologize. There are no pictures at all of my trip to Boston. I was too busy visiting, laughing, and people watching my way around the greater metro area to snap any photos. I am sad I didn't get any of Annie, Ben or Henrietta. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment