I've been trying to learn to knit. Mom did show me as a kid though I'm fairly sure I didn't actually make anything. But as mom showed me again it did seem familiar and along with the help of youtube, I decided to attempt a baby blanket. In December Mike and I stopped at Michael's and bought some basic stuff and a pattern book. Had no illusions of finishing before Eli was born but figured it would keep me busy while watching TV. As everyone knows, the new year didn't go to plan and i couldn't focus [read, stay awake] long enough to try.
Even when I did have some desire to knit I kept getting stuck. Then it would sit until Mom came to visit and she'd explain the next bit. Or once, just move me onto the next step. Last week while I was in Vermont I showed it to her again because I was certain something was wrong. And it was.
When I got home I tried to undo a few rows. Weird things happened when I did that and I eventually determined I would just start over. Here is a picture of where I am now in the project:
Good for you! I have set of knitting needles in my "craft closet" desperately wanting to be used. I tried once but felt like I had too many thumbs.
ReplyDelete