Tuesday, February 16, 2010

36 Hours in Vermont

What an insane weekend. I drove the kids to Vermont on Saturday - 12 hours exactly from one door to the last door in Montpelier. Phew. Ryan refused originally to stay in Shelburne. Now I think he would be willing to stay. It seems he has figured out he might be missing out on some fun. One could argue he had fun anyway:



By 11am Saturday we decided we had to take him out skating. Because after waking at 6:15 he and Grammie Sue had run through many many activities by 8am. Such that they decided to go out to the grocery store and grab a coffee. Meanwhile Grampie and I played possum.

The current management of Vermont College allowed a skating rink to be built on the green. Dad took a bunch of pictures of Ryan & I skating and Mom shoveling the dusting of snow off the rink. They can be seen on the family website. We did such a good job of exercising him that poor RyGuy crashed at 6:15 before dinner and slept until 6:15am! Getting up early Monday morning meant he was able to visit with Grammie before she had to go to work.

I unfortunately woke with a migraine. I took my meds and tried to guide Ryan to entertain himself. Didn't work well at all. Lucky for me Dad woke up fairly early. Ryan sorta bopped back and forth between the two bedrooms. Until he stole my cellphone and played Single Ladies over and over and over. Did I mention I had a migraine????

Around 9:30 everything finally kicked in and I got up. Went to check on the kiddo and found this scene:


Speaks for itself, huh? Future Pharmacist?

Details of the trip home in a post tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment