One of my pharmacy journals has a frequent column about informatics that might be relevant to a pharmacist. I am very far behind in my reading and found a March 1 2009 issue which has an article that made me laugh out loud. Thought I would share.
"Overview of Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol communications"
[You know this is going to be good just from the title, don't you?]
Excerpt: One of the more common network protocols is ethernet. When a message need to go from one computer to another on an ethernet network, it is broadcast to every computer on the system. The system for which the message is intended receives the message; the other computers are polite enough not to listen.
Not truly funny but I did laugh. Then I freaked out. Did I just laugh at a computer technical article? And had already known the info.
Darn you family. I don't need such geeky genes.
On a side note, we have H1N1 vaccine at work. But we don't have the go ahead to use it yet. Go New York State and your thousands of layers of bureaucracies.
No comments:
Post a Comment