Sunday, July 5, 2009

The lunch store

Any good sitcom has a local neighborhood hangout. Some are bars, others have a general store. For the Sarah and Mikey show, Grand Island has few places that we have found so far. Mainly the Village Inn, although we haven't ever run into anyone we know there.

But when I read that a bake shop was opening I knew we were in for a treat. I could do an actual review but I'd rather just take people when they visit. Besides I'll let a picture do the talking about the ambiance:



Just about every time we drive past the bake shop, Ryan yells out "Is that the lunch store? I lovvvve the watermelon! Can we go there?" Sadly he tends to ask this on Mondays. They are not open on Mondays. Much to my dismay too.

2 comments:

  1. This looks very neat! Where on Grand Island is it located? Always looking for some place a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, the Bake shop is on the corner of Baseline and Love Rd. You can take the Beaver Island exit, turn right onto Love and drive to the light.

    ReplyDelete