Hunted for new cushions to the lawn chairs at several stores. Then hit the pool store for some minor parts. And testing of all the pool's waters. With the new cushions we could eat outside finally. Zoe has been asking and asking and asking. Depsite many protests, I got Ry down for a nap. From which he woke earlier then his little body wanted. As can be seen below. He wanted to come downstairs and then conked back out in my arms. Made it highly....hugely difficult to continue to play Sorry! with Zo.
Saturday wiped out the kids and they slept until 8! Darling Mikey this time took them out for bagels and let me sleep without the need for possum skills. I got up to have a bagel and coffee and got roped into sitting outside with my coffee. Ry cruised around with tools, lawn mowers, motorcycles and much more. Watered out plants and most of the front steps. Missed morning snack he was that busy! An early lunch outside fixed that problem. Zoe did join him with her lunch but I didn't get any pictures of that.
When we came home, Mike and I fought with the pool cover and eventually won, sort of. There are more leaves in the pool then I'd care for. We'll eventually learn or remove the darn thing. One part didn't survive the winter in the garage - must have been against the heater. So Mike headed off to Home Depot to replace it. The kids and I started a fire and played in the backyard. While waiting for the fire to burn down enough to grill sausages and hot dogs, Ryan decided he was "twired". He lugged out a blanket and pillow to nap on. Of course he didn't nap. But they flopped together for quite a while.
And that loooong winded blurb was our weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment