Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2 months!

Eli is two big months old today. This pic was taken yesterday. He often is sound asleep with limbs straight up in the air. When I went to grab the camera both arms were up.

A quick stats round up:
Birth: 6 pounds even, 18 inches, preemie diapers, newborn clothes
1 month: 6 pounds 4 ounces, 19.7 inches, newborn diapers, newborn clothes
2 months: 8 pounds 4 ounces, 22 inches, size 1 diapers, newborn onsies, 0-3mo footed items

Still small - I think he's gone from 3rd percentile to 6th.

Medically his heart is fine, spleen is still a non-issue. His reflux is causing him to not eat well so we switched from Zantac to Prevacid. The prevacid is a dissolving tab and he takes it wonderfully. No tongue thrusts. I'm guessing he is gonna love cereal when it i time. Ryan acted like "where has this been my entire life" when we gave him cereal. Will Eli follow his bottomless pit ways?

As long as we are not late with the bottles, Eli is such a calm babe. Sleeps well, enjoys looking around and will be calm in your arms having a staring contest.

I've been so disappointed that I haven't convinced him to nurse yet. We tried almost every feed for 6 weeks and then I gave up. I'm still pumping and offering nursing when he is calm but no go still. But today at MOPS some people were talking about fate and faith in God's ways for solving hard situations with surprising solutions. While I am not sure about the faith part, I did realize that maybe it's been a good thing he hasn't nursed. By bottling my milk, I can fortify it under doctor's directions and help him maintain his weight. If I had been only nursing, he would have gotten 10% less calories, maybe been a failure to thrive case and required hospitalization for testing.

I'm still thinking about contacting the local la leche league for a last ditch effort. I do know someone who goes to meetings and I can find out who her leader is. Maybe. All this milk making has helped me lose all my baby weight and then some. Now if only it helped with muscle tone......

Last but not least, Zoe and Ryan have been awesome with Eli. Ry is disappointed Eli sleeps so much but is so gentle when holding him. Zoe loves to help hold him and give him bottles. One point of confusion for Ry and lesser for Zoe is the weeks vs months age. He was 8 weeks last Friday but 2 months today. Once I explained it Zoe was all over the logic. Ry isn't there yet but what can you expect from a kid still trying to remember what yesterday really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment