Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hanukah time

I'm sitting at my dining room table is which remarkably empty other than menorahs [3] and gifts [many]. I'm alone after the girl stomped off sulking because the boy won't build Lincoln Logs 'the right way' and the boy ran away crying 'I hate you!' because he was told for the 20th time that we do not blow out the hanukah candles like birthday candles. Sigh.

It really was going fairly well before. A wonderful lakte dinner by Mike. Zoe even tried one with the icky orange bits and decided they were delicious. Even when she admitted she knew it was carrots.

Nice gifts from the kids to Mike and I. I sent them out shopping with the sitter today and they did a great job picking stuff out. [With some help of a text from Mom to the sitter of course] They got me a case for my ipad which was very sad from traveling in a 2T t-shirt of Ryan's. Frankly I think a 18mo shirt would have been perfect but that would require digging in the basement. Ry had his heart set on getting me a cozy blanket because I didn't have one. Of course while telling me how much he hates me, he grabbed the blanket and announced he was taking it with him to bed. So I may or may not have a new blanket to myself.

Snoopy sno-cone machine was a big hit and the kids are able to operate it themselves which is a nice bonus.

Lincoln Log building before the blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment