Monday, May 17, 2010

Busy Busy Day

Zo had yet another day off today but I kinda forgot that when I made plans for today. Haircolor and making a dinner for another MOPS mom. Whoops. So we ran to the grocery store, Walgreens, and home. Started the chicken in marinade and gathered up Zo's homework. Then off the a new hair place. I wanted to find someplace closer to home and one with better hours.

Finished there and realized the timing for the rest of the day wasn't working. Pulled a bad mommy moment and offered Zoe ice cream for lunch. She thought she had won the jackpot and I got to try a new [to me] flavor - cannoli. Pure genius.

At 2:30ish run down to get Ry and back home. Start grill, start water, throw chicken on grill, throw rice in water, chop veggies, get kids back from neighbors, throw food at them, pile everyone and everything into the van and dash off again at 4.

Off to the new mommy's house in the falls. Our MOPS group is now so large that we had never actually met before. Very nice mommy who has her handsful with a newborn and 18month old and a c-section lifting restriction. I plan on checking back in with her and maybe bring Ry up to play with her boy. He was fascinated with Ry. Dash away again just before 5.

Skating was good. And there was a sale of old skating costumes so now Zoe is the proud owner of a twirly dress. She is in love with it. Pink of course. Dash away at 6.

Gas light turned on somewhere during the day. Stop to fill up, get back in van and kids request lunchables. Stop at Wegmans. Buy lunchables. [too late I found out Mike gave them those last night while I was at work.] ANOTHER proud mommy moment. Dash away at 6:30.

Run into the high school. Zoe's art has been selected again for the annual district art show. About 20 of each grade are selected to display their art. Zoe's paper quilt square was selected:


There was also a concert at the high school, the string orchestras. Bands and chorus are tomorrow night during the school budget vote [polling is...surprise! at the high school. Aren't they sneaky??] Ryan was enthralled for the first three songs and then lost it. So at 7:30 we snuck out and looked at a few more art pieces and chatted with some moms.

When we got home Ryan helped me take out the garbage and recycling. I offered to carry one bin out but he refused. He had it "under control." And this is his system:

8 pm. Bedtime. FINALLY. I am so very tired. But summoned up the energy to upload pictures and type out this long so very long day. Does anyone know if there are memory cards with wi-fi or bluetooth built in? Did I imagine that?? 'Cause that would make this all much more likely to happen.


Oh, bonus picture for mom. This is one of the 'dead twiggy' plants out front. Not so dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment