I don't have links to a few of my favorite news clippings so I will take the time to type them in for your knowledge.
1. This is why I am not a proud union member:
A Pennsylvania Boy Scout who cleared a hiking trail in a city park has drawn the ire of a municipal union. Kevin Anderson, 17, spent more than 200 hours clearing the trail in Allentown to earn an Eagle Scout badge. But Nick Balzano of the Service Employees International Union ["my" union] threatened to file a grievance, saying only union members can work in the park. "There's to be no volunteers," said Balzano. [Aka the Nick the Bozo.]
2. Excerpt from the Buffalo News
In other matters, a pair of Hamburg Middle School teachers addressed the board with safety concerns following an incident at the school Nov. 9 when smoke from a burned-out fan caused the fire alarms to go off while students were arriving for the day, but before teachers were on campus.
...[the teachers] asked the board to consider delaying start time for students who currently arrive at 7:40 a.m. to sometime after the teachers arrive at 7:50.
Excuse me? The kids arrival time is BEFORE the teachers? I guarantee that this is another union issue. 'Cause any other sane school district would simply tell their teachers their day starts before the buses arrive.
3. Not a typical sad animal story.
4. This one falls under the 'always miss the excitement.'
No comments:
Post a Comment