I've posted a bit about our time in Florida but here is going to be a more extensive round up the trip. My work schedule is everyother weekend which means we only can take 12 days at a time away. Early Monday morning we headed off to the airport with a happy boy and a somewhat grumpy girl. She likes her sleep as much as her mommy.
I was a procrastinator and did not call my grandfather or my uncle to verify our arrival day & time nor the availability of the condo. So when I called from Tampa, Carol was surprised. She had us down for arriving on the 29th not the 27th. Uncle Stephen and Aunt Lynne were already at the condo and staying until the 29th. Hmmm.
Turns out Lynne was somewhat disappointed our paths would come so close and not cross. A fortuitous mistake. We enjoyed our visit with all the relatives and I was pleased the children got to spend time with people we don't see often.
Our time in Siesta Key was relaxed and full of sun and swimming. It was truly awesome to see the kids get more comfortable and confident in the water each day. Swim time was full of 'Mommy, watch this!' I don't have any "before" pictures of the kids in the water but just take my word for it they were scaredy cats. Ryan would cling to any limb offered in a death grip. And now:
Zoe wasn't much better. Her use of the word swimming was a fairly loose definition. Think of someone trying to do the doggy paddle vertically in the water and using their toes to actually go forward. And hysterics when water landed on the face. And now:
One of the best parts of whole vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment