Wednesday, July 22, 2009

iPhone side effects

I've been mulling over this post for a while. I've been thinking how getting my much anticipated iPhone has changed how I use my laptop, the internet, my groups and such. Life was going to be soooo cool and fun just as soon as I got my phone. I didn't really have any plan per se of what I was going to DO with my phone. Other then play with it and get to say 'I've got an app for that!"

And so far I do have a bunch of apps. Nothing exciting, for example:
Facebook [disappointing in function]
Tweetdeck [works exactly as expected]
AIM [works reasonably]
Epocrates [drug database, content similar to what I had on palm but easier to use]

I have both my email accounts linked to the phone which is a help because I don't use the yahoo one much anymore. I've missed some useful emails. This is helping me keep up on it. But, and isn't there always a but????? My 'but' is that while I get my emails in a more timely manner - I am not doing a good job of answering or dealing with attachments. Why? Because I it takes so much longer to compose a response on the iphone's keyboard. So I think, 'oh, I'll answer when I get home and pull out the laptop.' Facebook is also waaaay harder to deal with. Again I put off things until I have access to the full website.

I can't easily blog from the iphone. There is a way to email a post and ways to do things on blogger from a phone but I have not had time to figure that out. Effectively meaning I can't blog on the fly.

I've been totally neglecting my Flylady and Manic Mommies groups by my procrastinating posting. I'm thinking I may just have to learn how to be more succinct!

Summertime may not be a good time to judge this. We are outside so much, bouncing around here and there and enjoying ourselves. One thing I am totally enjoying is being able to tweet pictures easily.

What I am wondering is how are other's handling the changes in their internet usage?

Dad and Josh might not count here because you guys spend the majority of their worktime on their full computers. And I am on a work computer that blocks the internet. But that is a whole 'nother post! And lets not mention the growing pile of magazines next to the glider.....

No comments:

Post a Comment