As my loyal readers [there is more then one :) ] know, I have been wondering what to do for gifts the kids can give their classmates. Some of my local FlyFriends recommended very strongly to do nothing. But it is definitely the norm at Westminster and seems to be more then 50/50 at Sidway giving a little something.
I had debated a crafty thing that could be done assembly line style like these santas. But that was laughable. Another friend recommended pencils and sparkly erasers. Liked that idea but that was our Halloween gift bag items with one piece of candy.
But then! I ventured into Wal-Mart. And not just any Wal-Mart but the Niagara Falls getto one. For one silly thing - my contact solution which is only sold in travel sizes there. $100 later I had among other stuff our gifts!
Plantable gift tags. Huh you say? They are these cute paper trees, snowmen, and santa paper cut outs made from paper with wildflower seeds embedded in the paper. Like the stationary from Josh & Barbie's wedding. Anyway, they also come with white paper shaped instructions and you tie the two layers together. I bought a box of little candy canes and will tie the tags onto one each.
I am not the only one who thought they were cute. See this post I found while trying to find a link the the tags.
Only flaw? I did my math wrong and need to go back and get more. Let's hope it doesn't cost me another $100 to get out of there again on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment