Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving food


Making of the Rolls of Doom. Thanks to Ryan, I think this years was actually one of the best batches ever. And they are all gone. I didn't get a single one as a leftover.



Then there was Dad.......

But bestest of all was the Brussels sprouts. A family joke ever since Mom decided they would be a nice idea when we were children, bought nice fresh ones from the farmers market, brought them home and steamed them all up. Too bad she forgot water in the pan.

Burnt sprouts are NOT appetizing. And as a die-hard non-cabbage liker, I have never even considered trying them. But I heard an interesting podcast from the Meal Makeover Moms. They talked about a yummy sounding recipe for maple bacon Brussels sprouts. And I decided I must try them.

Unbelievable. Every adult at the table who tried them loved them. Who woulda guessed???? Of course my kids didn't get any in their mouths but they saw me try something new. So that is as good as it might get for now. Thank you Mommies.

1 comment: